Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 tostada
Per serving: Calories: 310; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 23mg; Sodium: 629mg; Carbohydrate: 30g; Dietary Fiber: 7g; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 22g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 236mg; Iron: 8%; Vitamin A: 33%; Vitamin C: 43%; Calcium: 18%
Energizing Tips (optional)
- Serve with 1/4 medium avocado, diced to up calories and healthy fats. (Per serving: Calories: 373; Fat: 17g; Carbohydrate: 33g; Dietary Fiber: 10g; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 23g)
- Serve with 1 ounce (about 10-15 chips) of baked tortilla chips to increase calories and crunch. (Per serving: Calories: 430; Fat: 14g; Carbohydrate: 52g; Dietary Fiber: 9g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 24g)
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (certified gluten-free, if necessary)
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 4 (6-inch) corn tostadas (or corn tortillas, certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup (170 grams) canned black beans, rinsed and drained (certified gluten-free, if necessary)
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces or 170 grams) shredded rotisserie chicken breast meat
- 1 cup (50 grams) thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup (260 grams) tomato salsa
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces or 60 grams) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 lime wedges
In a small bowl, combine sour cream, chipotle and lime zest. Spread mixture evenly among 4 tostadas (about 2 tablespoons each).
Top each tostada with 1/4 cup black beans, 6 tablespoons chicken (1 1/2 ounces), 1/4 cup romaine, 1/4 cup salsa, 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro. Serve each with a lime wedge to be squeezed over top of each tostada before eating.
NOTE: No tostadas? No problem! Just spray both sides of a corn tortilla with vegetable cooking spray and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 5–6 minutes on each side until crispy. Cool before assembling tostada.