Nutrition (per serving):
Serving size: 3/4 cup rice mixture + about 4 ounces cooked chicken
Per serving: Calories: 388;
Total Fat: 17g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 8g;
Cholesterol: 79mg; Sodium: 363mg;
Carbohydrate: 28g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 30g
• 24 oz uncooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast
• 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice (certified glten free
• Dash sea salt
• Dash pepper
• 2 tsp + 2 tbsp olice oil, divided
• 3 tbsp lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
• 1 tsp dijon mustard
• 3/4 cup chopped cucumber (1 medium cucumber)
• 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper (1 large red bell
• 1/2 cup diced onion (about 1/2 small onion)
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1) Cook brown rice according to package directions.
2) To grill chicken, preheat grill to high. Place chicken breasts between two
pieces of wax paper and, using a meat mallet, pound to 1/2-inch thickness.
3) Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and lightly rub with 2 tea
spoons olive oil. To prevent sticking, lightly oil the grill grate before
adding chicken. Cook chicken until firm to the touch, about 2-3 minutes per
side. (Alternatively, you may bake or cook chicken in a skillet on the
stovetop until firm and opaque throughout.)
4) In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, honey,
lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Add cucumber, red bell peppers, onion,
cilantro, and brown rice; toss to coat. Divide rice mixture into 4 servings
(about 3/4 cups rice mixture). Top each with about 4 ounces grilled chicken.
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.e days.