NUTRITION (per serving)
NUTRITION (per serving):
• 1 cup water
• 1/2 cup lentils rinsed
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1/2 medium onion
• 1 medium carrot
• 2 oz smoked cheddar cheese, grated
• 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
• 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
• 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, each
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp paprika
• 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1 egg
• Ezekiel 4:9® Sprouted Whole Grain Burger Buns
1) Put water, lentils and bay leaf in a small pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simm er about 20 minutes, until the lentils are tender. Discard bay leaf. Smash lentils with a potato masher and set aside to cool.
2) Heat extra Virgin Olive Oil in a small skillet. Puree onion and carrot together and fry in the skillet for about 5 minutes, until they are soft. Set aside to cool.
3) In a medium bowl, mix cheese, breadcrumbs, spices, herbs and eggs. Add lentils and onion-carrot mixture. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
4) Shape into four patties and fry in a cooking spraycoated skillet over medium heat. Serve with your favorite burger toppings.
5) Serve on Ezekiel 4:9® Sprouted Whole Grain Burger Bun, lettuce, slice tomatoes and condiments.